Okay, I know I’m late with this, but I just got the idea today so I’m going with it!
I thought it would be fun at the end of each month to share a few of our highlights at home. I want to be better at documenting memories, moments, and simple pleasures so that I can have something to look back on and reminisce about.
Hope you enjoy the month of June!
1. June First pt 1: Vie and I went for a walk on a chilly, cloudy morning and I saw this pink bush on the way and knew that I needed to stop for a photo. A couple of weeks later, the pink blooms were gone.
2. June First pt 2: I began reading To Kill A Mockingbird. It is a classic, and I love reading it in summertime. My husband and I watched the movie a few days after I finished the book.
3. June Third: We went to the park to blow bubbles. Vie also thought it was a lot of fun to play peek-a-boo behind the big tree.
4. June Fourth: It was a Saturday and all three of us took an afternoon nap. It was glorious. That bee blanket is my favorite! It has been with us since before she was born!
5. June Twelfth: Packing for our first trip as a family! These were Vie’s beach essentials.
6. June Thirteenth: We made it to our destination, picnicked out of a Trader Joe’s bag, strolled downtown where Asa found his perfect pair of sunglasses, made our way to the beach, Vie cried when she touched the sand, we snacked on pears and granola bars and watched the other beachgoers, and the rest of the day unfolded after that. It was a fun little getaway!
7. June Fifteenth: I made some salmon patties for dinner. They have been a staple meal for us this summer. They are easy to make and so delicious. Can’t forget the tartar sauce!
8. June Seventeenth: We visited Frederik Meijer Gardens with my in-laws for my birthday (6/20).
9. June Nineteenth: I started reading Harper Lee’s second novel, Go Set A Watchmen. It was a good book, but I like TKAM more!
10. June Twenty-Fifth: We drove 2.5 hours across the state and made a (much needed) coffee pit-stop at Foster Coffee in Owosso.