As a way of documenting more of our home life, I thought it would be fun to start sharing highlights of past seasons as we enter into new ones. I feel more accomplished knowing that I used my time well during each season. I also hope to find inspiration for ways to make the most out of the upcoming seasons.
Shedding a spotlight on the season of winter 2016 —
- Prepared homemade seasonal (winter) meals: spinach, mushroom, and zucchini lasagna; baked macaroni and cheese; a variety of soups (lentil, black bean vegetable, minestrone, tomato basil, cream of mushroom); lentil curry with naan bread; amish casserole; tuna noodle casserole; goulash; spinach quiche; buttermilk biscuits; granola; zucchini bread; stir fry made with Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage links; Baked Sausage and Ricotta Rigatoni also made with Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage links
- Nesting. Lots of nesting as we prepared for our new baby’s arrival
- Welcomed a niece into the family
- Visited Frederik Meijer Gardens for a Christmas Tree Lighting event and their annual Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World exhibit
- Christmas at home
- Celebrated Asa’s 28th birthday
- Became members at a new parish
- Welcomed Harriet into our family
- Read books: “Guide to Childbirth” by Ina May Gaskin; “The Danish Way of Parenting” by Iben Sandahl and Jessica Joelle Alexander; “Art of Stillness” by Pico Iyer; a collection of Mary Oliver poems; “The Essential Home Birth Guide,” by Jane Drichta; “Birth at Home” by Sheila Kitzinger
- Attended a prenatal yoga class
How did your winter season turn out? Any exciting things on your list this spring?